Detection Modes currently available in the United States:
- Street Mode (this is the standard detection mode when subscribing or purchasing the In&motion system)
- Adventure Mode (this is an optional detection mode on top of Street Mode, optimized for off-pavement adventure and dual-sport riding)
- *Track Mode (this option is currently unavailable in the US)
ALL CLAIMS REGARDING CRASH DETECTION, BATTERY PERFORMANCE, PROTECTION PERFORMANCE, WEIGHT, SAFETY RATING AND AIRBAG INFLATION PERFORMANCE ARE MADE BY IN&MOTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE www.inemotion.com/en#inemotion
PRODUCT DETAILS AND SPECIFICATIONS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ELECTRONIC AUTONOMOUS MOTORCYCLE AIRBAG VEST
- DETECTION + INFLATION TIME UNDER 60 MILLISECONDS
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT THORAX, ABDOMEN, SPINE, NECK
- MOISTURE-WICKING, BREATHABLE STRETCH MESH VEST CHASSIS
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOTORCYCLE JACKETS THAT MEET SIZE REQUIREMENTS
- COMPATIBLE WITH ONE-PIECE SUITS LISTED AS COMPATIBLE WITH IN&MOTION
- FULLY WIRELESS AND AUTONOMOUS (NO SENSORS ON BIKE)
- POLYPROPYLENE SHELL
- MEMORY ELASTANE BACK PROTECTOR CE CERTIFIED EN1621-2
- BACK PROTECTOR OFFERS IMPACT ABSORPTION EVEN WITHOUT INFLATION
- IN&BOX EVOLVING CRASH DETECTION ALGORITHM (DETECT-PROTECT-PERFECT)
- CELL PHONE APP CONNECTIVITY TO IN&BOX DETECTION MODULE
- STREET, TRACK* AND ADVENTURE MODE CRASH DETECTION OPTIONS
- APPROX. 25 HOURS IN&BOX CONTINUOUS USE BATTERY LIFE
- AUTOMATIC STANDBY MODE
- COLOR-CODED IN&BOX STATUS INDICATORS
- USB IN&BOX CHARGING PORT
- USER-REPLACEABLE COMPRESSED INERT GAS INFLATOR (MUST REPLACED AFTER EACH DEPLOYMENT)
- VEST CHASSIS DESIGNED TO BE CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING 3 INFLATIONS (IF POST-INFLATION PROCEDURE IS ALWAYS FOLLOWED)
- TOP RANKING 5-STAR SRA RATED (INSURANCE INDEPENDENT RANKING)
- CE LEVEL C RATING CERTIFIED TO EN 17092-6
- TOTAL SYSTEM WEIGHT APPROX. 3.3 ±0.2 LBS (1.5 ±0.1 KG)
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NECK BRACES
Step 1. Buy the vest
Step 2. Download the “My In&Box” phone app
Step 3. Create your account and choose a subscription plan*
3a. Choose from $12/month or $120/year subscription options for Street Mode, which include unlimited In&Box warranty, anytime cancellations, VIP support services, and a new In&Box after 3 years.
3b. Or choose the $399 one-time purchasing option for Street Mode, which includes 2-year warranty and classic support services.
3c. At any time, choose to add the Adventure Mode detection algorithm option to your In&Box for $25/year or $8/month. (Outside North America, Track Mode is available for additional cost also)
3d. All purchasing options include continuous algorithm updates and mobile app dashboard interface.
Step 4. Pair your In&Box and Ai-1 Airbag Vest
Step 5. Ride!
*prices exclude tax
*One piece leather suits are NOT approved to be worn under the Ai-1 Vest.
Ai-1 Airbag Vest
FAQ about the In&motion system and services:
1. Do I have to subscribe to an In&motion detection mode for this vest to work?
Answer: You can either buy the In&box detection module and service outright one time, or choose from a monthly or annual subscription model. The goal with offering a subscription model is to lower the initial financial barrier to using an airbag vest. The subscription model entitles you to a new In&box module after three years. Choose what works best for you.
2. If I don’t want a monthly or annual subscription, can I still get this airbag vest?
Answer: You can purchase the vest and detection module with algorithm service outright and not have to worry about subscriptions
3. If I suspend/pause my subscription and forget to reactivate it, will the vest still detect a crash and inflate?
Answer: No, because in the first place you won’t be able to turn it on into ride-ready status before your ride. It will not “trick” you into thinking it’s active when it is not, because the LED indicators will warn you that it’s not active. If you ignore the LED indicators warning you that the airbag isn’t active, you can’t expect it to work.
4. If I’m subscribed monthly and miss a payment or my credit card expires, will the airbag suddenly stop working?
Answer: In&motion will reach out with a 30-day warning prior to your payment method expiration. After expiration or missed/forgotten payment, In&motion gives you a 30-day grace period during which the airbag functions completely the same. You will receive notifications about the missed payment. After the 30-day grace period, the airbag will stop detecting crashes until payment is resumed. You will not be able to turn on your airbag vest into ride-ready status after the 30-day grace period, so you won’t unknowingly ride with a non-functioning vest, unless you choose to ignore the LED indicators warning that it isn’t active.
5. Would In&motion turn off my vest mid-ride if I pass the 30-day grace period?
Answer: In&motion will not turn off your vest mid-ride for any reason, even if you’re at the end of the 30-day grace period and it elapses during your ride. The only way for it to turn off during a ride is if you didn’t charge the In&box and the battery dies (LEDs indicate battery level, which you see when you turn it on) or if you manually turn it off during your ride.
6. What does In&motion do with my Data?
Answer: In&motion takes Data Privacy very seriously. All data is anonymously aggregated for performance tuning. No information is shared with 3rd parties. In&motion is in compliance with GDPR (EU) and consumer-oriented privacy laws, where applicable, in the United States.
7. Is my data shared in real-time?
Answer: Encrypted rider data is automatically synced with the In&motion Cloud via the Companion App, when connected to WiFi.