LAST UPDATE: May 18, 2018
Consent to Data Collection and Processing
You hereby agree with and consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Consent to International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by KLIM or its services providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. You hereby agree with and consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where KLIM operates.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to KLIM’s collection and processing of your information, or to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where KLIM operates. You may withdraw your consent by emailing KLIM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As you interact with KLIM, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your KLIM products as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you or your KLIM products through a number of sources: KLIM websites, applications, product and related events, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries, and through our customer contact centers. We also receive information about you through KLIM product sales records provided by your dealer and we may obtain, with your consent, data obtained from your KLIM product.
The types of information that KLIM collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- - Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, social security number, email address and telephone number)
- - Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history)
- - Information related to your creditworthiness, assets, income, or liabilities
- - Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information)
- - Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition)
- - Marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase a KLIM product)
- - Photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes and social sharing
- - Relationships you have with KLIM in addition to the purchase and warranty of your KLIM product (such as through a rewards card, etc.)
- - Social Security Number (in limited circumstances KLIM may collect SSN, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- - Investor Information (name, address, phone number, and email address)
- - The kind of KLIM product you purchased
- - The kind of service provided to you
The information KLIM collects about you and your KLIM products may be used:
- - To provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- - To improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services
- - To administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services
- - To operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes
- - To facilitate and support KLIM dealer and supplier diversity programs and KLIM grant programs
- - To autofill data fields on our websites to improve your online experience
- - To develop new products and services, including connected, autonomous, and car-sharing products and services
- - To provide customer and KLIM product support and service (such as recall information)
- - For warranty administration and validation
- - To provide information and product updates
- - To evaluate KLIM product performance and safety
- - For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes
- - To verify eligibility for KLIM product purchases or incentive programs
- - For marking and analytics purposes
- - To support the electronic signature and delivery process between you and your dealer
- - To customize and improve communication content
- - To comply with legal, regulator, or contractual requirements
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social medial, or other electronic messages, or via our websites and applications.
Personal Information You Provide
The privacy and security of the personal information that KLIM collects from you is a priority for KLIM. When you visit this Site you may be asked or choose to provide personal information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally including, but not limited to: your name, address, telephone number, birth date, and email address. If you choose to purchase any products or use services offered on the Site, KLIM may ask you to provide your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address, as well as certain financial information (e.g., credit card number) for the purposes of credit checks, payment and processing of any order.
- If you purchase products from the Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction.
- You may choose to receive certain communications from KLIM via your email address upon interaction with the Site. From time to time KLIM may include surveys, information requests, or other features on the Site which ask you to provide personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address or mailing address. Any information you may provide will be used by KLIM to allow you to participate in the particular feature being offered. KLIM may also retain any information you provide in order to send you information about KLIM’ products and services that may be of interest to you. KLIM will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
- From time to time, KLIM may offer sweepstakes, games and other contests on the Site either by itself or in conjunction with a third party partner. You may be asked to provide your name, mailing address and/or email address and date of birth, as well as certain other information on an optional basis (e.g., your gender, annual household income or other types of KLIM products that you have purchased), in order to participate in such sweepstakes or contest. This information may also be used by KLIM or its third party partner to send you information about KLIM’ or such third party partner’s products and services in the form of an email or regular mail communication or a telephone call. KLIM will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from KLIM each time you receive such a communication. However, KLIM does not control, and shall not be responsible for, the privacy policies or practices of its third party partners. If you no longer wish to receive such communications from any third party partner of KLIM in a sweepstakes or other contest that you may enter, you will need to contact such third party partner directly.
You will be informed what personal information is required and what information is optional when asked to submit personal information to us. By submitting personal information to KLIM at this Site, you hereby consent to KLIM’s collection, use and disclosure of such personal information.
We may combine the personal information you submit directly through this Site with other personal information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around this Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information), using various technologies. We passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access this Site through a mobile Device.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, part of the Site may not work for you.
- Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits this Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering this Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your Device, such as a unique device identifier.
- Do Not Track Requests: Your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively management the settings on your browser or Device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. Please note, depending on your type of Device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your Device.
We permit third-party advertising partners to use the foregoing tracking technologies to collect information about your browsing activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site. For example, we use advertising services providing by third-party ad partners, such as Google, to market our service to you on other websites and online services. Through a process called “retargeting,” each service places a cookie on your browser when you visit the Site so that they can identify you and serve you ads on other sites around the web based on your browsing activity. To avoid use of this information for advertising by these third-party ad partners, you can change your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when cookies are set and you could select the Do Not Track option on your browser, though we have no control over and cannot confirm whether these third-party ad partners honor the Do Not Track browser signal. Additionally, many advertising companies are members of the NAI or DAA and/or provide opt-outs on those industry pages at networkadvertising.org/choices or aboutads.info/choices.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – allows KLIM to see the age, gender and interests of website visitors to better understand them and personalize advertising.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting – for banner ads.
- Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising – allows personalization of ads on our ad networks.
- User ID Extension for Google Analytics – allows KLIM to connect multiple devices, sessions and engagement data.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Integrated Accounts and Social Media Information
We may implement applications or "widgets" from third party providers (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) that allow interaction, integration or content sharing with third party services. These widgets or applications may be visible on a page you visit on our Site or may require log-in through the third party provider’s service. The third party providing the widget or integration may offer controls for you to manage your interactions. Any interaction with a third party widget or application typically allows the third party to collect some information about you (whether through cookies, registration information or otherwise). These third parties may even track you when you do not interact with the widget. If you have engaged any of these third party service providers, their respective privacy policies will govern their tracking and collection of information. You should review these third party policies to understand these practices.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose personal information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection, such as when you (1) register for a user account, (2) submit payment or credit card information, (3) submit your name and e-mail address to receive product updates and marketing information, and (4) send e-mail messages or feedback, or transmit other information by e-mail. When you elect to engage in such activities, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, mobile telephone numbers, and payment information.
We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our Site, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our Site.
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to verify your information, approve your registration as a user of the Site, authenticate payments and process orders, KLIM may disclose certain financial and other information you provide to KLIM to third parties offering products and services for sale on the Site, as well as to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfillment services;
- You may submit information about new clubs related to KLIM products or stories and photographs for inclusion in KLIM’ online scrap book. Any information you submit to KLIM for posting on the Site may be available to the public and may be collected and used by persons other than KLIM. You should not submit to KLIM any information that you do not want others to know. KLIM does not routinely monitor these areas of the Site, and you submit such information to KLIM for posting only at your own risk.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- when we otherwise have your consent. For example, if you sign up for programs offered by our partners, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include, but is not limited to, enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Similarly, when you connect third party devices and services to your KLIM Products, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Your consent is required to allow these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under "Passive Information Collection and Use," and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked or de-identified information) for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Use of Information for Marketing Purposes
KLIM and our affiliates may send you regular promotional communications about our products, services, events and promotions. Such promotional materials may use the “KLIM” brand and may be sent to you via different channels, such as: email, phone, SMS text messages, postal mailings, and third party social networks.
In order to provide you with the best personalized experience, sometimes these communications may be tailored to your preferences (for example, as you indicate these to us, as we may have inferred from your Site visits, or based on the links you click in our emails). When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before starting these activities. In addition, you may withdraw your consent (opt-out) at any time.
In particular, you can opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email. If you can sign-in to your KLIM account, you may be able to change your communication preferences under the relevant section of the Site. You can also contact us using the contact details provided below to opt-out from receiving marketing-related communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you might still receive administrative communications from us, such as technical updates of our products, order confirmations, notifications about your account activities, and other important notices.
- GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with KLIM’s established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations.
The principles of KLIM with respect to the processing of personal information are as follows: (1) personal information will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal information collected by KLIM will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, (4) personal information collected by KLIM will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, (5) personal information collected by KLIM will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, and (6) personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
If KLIM engages in the processing of personal information for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, KLIM will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal information will be used, and the recipients of personal information.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or web property (including, without limitation, any application) that is available through this Site or to which this Site contains a link. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to, any such site or property on this Site does not imply endorsement of it by us or by our affiliates.
Third parties may offer products and services on the Sites and collect information about you by requesting certain information necessary to provide a particular product or service (including, for example, insurance coverage for your KLIM products or reports of insurance claims). KLIM may also obtain certain information about its users from third party customer research groups (e.g., demographic information) which KLIM uses to learn more about its customers. KLIM does not control the policies and practices of third parties in relation to the use and disclosure of any information about users collected by third parties on the Site or in market research programs conducted by such third parties and any use or disclosure of such information by third parties is not governed by this Policy.
- CHOICES AND ACCESS
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. KLIM provides you with the opportunity to receive information by email, regular mail or telephone calls from KLIM, or third parties which may be of interest to you, including information relating to new products and services offered on the Site by KLIM, or other third parties. If you do not want to receive any information by email, regular mail or telephone calls, you may opt-out of further communications provided by KLIM at any time by: (i) sending KLIM an email at email@example.com; or (ii) writing to KLIM, 3753 E. County Line Rd. Rigby, Idaho 83442, Attention: Webmaster. Please note that KLIM can only comply with requests relating to email, regular mail or telephone communications provided by KLIM. If you no longer wish to receive further information by email, regular mail or telephone from any third party, you will need to contact such third party directly to opt-out of further communications being provided to you. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
If applicable, and you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via this Site, please contact us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is your responsibility to provide KLIM with accurate personal information. Except as otherwise set forth in this Policy, KLIM shall only use personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for these purposes, KLIM shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and relevant to its intended use.
- YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information. You can also ask us to stop using your information and limit how we use your information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law”, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information on behalf of KLIM, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in the response. Please be aware that not all information is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. For an explanation of our privacy practices, please review our Privacy Statement by clicking the “Privacy Statement” link on our home page.
- RETENTION PERIOD
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
KLIM has implemented security measures designed to protect personal information provided by you against unauthorized access and use. KLIM also uses commercially reasonable efforts to establish secure connections with your web browser for any transactions conducted online using a credit card or other financial information you may provide to KLIM. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the CONTACTING US section below.
- USE OF SITE BY MINORS
We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under the age of 13. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through this Site.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS
We may change this Policy. Please review the LAST UPDATE legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on this Site. Your use of this Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
KLIM will use a self-assessment approach to verify compliance with this Policy and periodically verify that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, implemented and accessible.
If you believe that your personal information has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Policy, KLIM encourages you to raise any concerns using the contact information provided in this Policy. KLIM will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information.
- YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you have a complaint as to our use of your information, you may file a complaint with us, the GDPR supervisory authority (for residents of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland), any other governmental agency, and/or a judicial body.
A complaint may be submitted directly to KLIM:
- For residents of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, in writing by filling out the Complaint Form;
- CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact KLIM’s Data Protection Officer or KLIM directly.
For a resident of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, our contact information is:
By mail : KLIM Place de l’Industrie 2 1180 Rolle – Switzerland
By email : email@example.com
For all others, our contact information is as follows:
By mail: KLIM
3753 E. County Line Rd.
Rigby, Idaho 83442
Attention: Legal Department
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 208-552-7433 (Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm MST)