- - Responsible for designing a given number of products per season as well as managing carry- overs for assigned collections.
- - Attend trade shows, research global markets review industry publications to stay current with market trends and identify new fabrics and techniques.
- - Work with Design Director to develop seasonal color stories and inspiration boards.
- - Research and understand the consumer of assigned collections.
- - Administers a pro-active role through entire product design process: research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and fabric/trim/print direction, development of specification pack, critique of sales samples.
- - Follow and design to the product brief. Work with the Tech Team to insure designs will hit the specific target FOB.
- - Creates on-strategy designs within set timelines for multiple seasons.
- - Capacity to imagine, capture and express a brand’s ethos through unique product concepts, design and styling.
- - Create tech packs with detailed specifications for production.
- - Ensures that the product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- - Assists with fit sessions in office and in factory and work with Tech Designer to deliver the garment fit as briefed by the Product Line Manager.
- - Drive value-engineering through design process: consolidation of fabrics, zippers, trims, etc.
- - Works closely with Materials Manager to select innovative and commercial fabrications to achieve desired functional results.
- - Collaborates with Design Director and other team members to achieve 'state of the art' opportunities for product innovation.
- - Supply accurate/complete Design Packs to the Technical Design team on schedule.
- - Partners with the Technical Design team to ensure tech packs are kept up to date, accurate and complete.
- - Work with the Technical Design team to review strike offs and samples and make recommendations for corrections.
- - Travel as necessary to facilitate the development and sampling process.
- - Successfully performs these and other duties as assigned.
- - Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- - BA in Apparel Design or related field of study preferred.
- - 2-3 years of professional experience in technical apparel.
- - Understanding of the history and direction of market trends.
- - Understanding of fit and patterning.
- - Understanding of technical fabrics.
- - Strong eye for color.
- - Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- - Strong illustration skills- possess the ability of communicating a concept thru sketching free hand as well as on the computer.
- - A knowledge of printing techniques and understanding of how graphics will translate onto a printable garment is a plus.
- - Ability to work with multiple personalities in a diverse, fast paced environment to create a team atmosphere.
- - Must have exceptional ability to manage time professionally and execute ideas from initial concept to completion.
- - Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- - Exceptional knowledge of the actions sports and athletic apparel industry.
- - Strong Verbal and written communication skills
The Apparel Designer will design products such as lifestyle, base layers, mid layers, and technical outerwear. You will work closely with the Design Director to determine style, material, and color stories based on input from the customer, merchandising, sales, and marketing. Keeps abreast of fashion trends and consumer needs, and supports the integrity of the lines/brands and the goals of the company. Produces design sketches and tech packs. Reviews all styles for construction, silhouette, fit and trim details
Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
The Accounting Specialist is in charge to ensure timely billing and collection on delinquent accounts as well as aid the accounting team in regular accounting functions. This position will have a direct impact on the overall company profitability.
- - Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections process.
- - Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments, monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- - New dealership review and approval of payment terms and credit limits
- - Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- - Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process while communicating effectively with the Sales department regarding customer balances
- - Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships and excellent customer service with dealers and sales.
- - Assist in month end close procedures
- - Assist in bank reconciliation procedures
- - Weekly and monthly reporting to Controller
- - Monthly delinquency notices
- - Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- - Internal and external customer interface
- - Participate in team planning meetings
- - Monthly statements and reconciliation
- - Manage delinquency automation emails sent at 15, 30, 60 and 90 days.
- - Review of all account balances and credit balances on all customer accounts
- - Analyze and establish credit limits for all customers, who wish to be extended credit terms, through trade and bank references, credit reports, financials and other data sources
- - Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- - Prepares daily/weekly bank deposit as needed from both cash and check.
- - Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and crediting.
- - Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- - When necessary, be able to make sound decisions as to whether an account needs to be turned over to an outside agency for further collection efforts
- - Must become proficient in the use of NetSuite ERP System
- - Perform miscellaneous duties to support the department
- - Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- - Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- - Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- - Decision making capabilities
- - Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
- - Ability to evaluate and analyze data independently
- - Effective project management skills
- - Proven initiative and creative approaches to problem solving
- - MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- - Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- - Commitment to excellent customer service
- - Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, including active listening skills
- - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Inside work with no exposure to weather conditions.
- - Inspect arrivals against packing lists for quantity verification.
- - Monitor and inspect inventory levels for accuracy.
- - Alert appropriate departments of all arrivals and initiate proper placement of shipment.
- - Manage bin locations.
- - Fill orders by using a digital scanner and hand pick method.
- - Work with shipping program to ship appropriate orders to customers.
- - Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- - Work with internal customers to complete special projects assigned.
This position is a temporary position through January. We are willing to work with College Schedules and tracks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Work location is in a Warehouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A physically demanding job, employee is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.