- - Assist in style pre-costing and analyze all subsequent prototype costing to ensure yield, material costs, and FOB’s are accurate and meet margin objectives from conceptual design to Pre-Production Samples.
- - Collaborate with Technical Design Team in the following:
- - Product Evaluations
- - Attending Fit and Construction meetings on a regular basis
- - Manipulate, and modify technical drawings of products using Adobe Illustrator and PLM system.
- - Modify technical drawings, bills of material size charts.
- - Assist in the review of prototypes against technical packages and assist in formulating feedback and corrections necessary.
- - Support & assist Technical Design in establishing all product specifications required in the Tech Pack.
- - Use Patternmaking, fabric, cut and sew knowledge to improve quality, fit and function.
- - Creates documented evaluations of each prototype against its agreed product specification
- - Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested and within timeline constraints
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology, products and concepts.
- - Resolve problems within established processes and timeline.
- - Must present self in a professional manner.
- - Must be open to feedback from mentors or trainers.
- - Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- - Ability to work well in a team environment
- - Learns and assists with Fit Session and Construction Meetings.
- - Learns proper note taking of comments and decisions.
- - Learns and helps maintain PLM Software.
- - Works effectively toward completion of educational intern goals.
- - Documents and creates a project for Klim/Polaris/Branding which will be assigned by mentor.
The Technical Design Intern will be responsible for supporting the Technical Design Team in product evaluation, PLM data entry and Technical Data Package maintenance.
In addition, the Technical Design Intern is responsible for assisting the Technical Design Team with organizing and presenting the product line to both the Domestic Sales teams and International partners.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Experience in Technical Design or equivalent experience or education in related area. Fashion and patternmaking/CAD experience is helpful. Computer skills: Basic Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Word and Photoshop is required. Strong ability to adhere to timelines. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full. Knowledge of apparel fit/construction. Solid written and oral communication.