The Hardparts Designer will work on a variety of different product categories: helmets, goggles, boots and bags.
Use your perspective to create products that merchandise back with the apparel line and capture the KLIM DNA. Understand the competitive landscape, leverage hands on experience and customer feedback to uncover areas to improve functionality and create game changing products. Collaborate with the POD (Product Developer and Product Line Manager) throughout the process to insure the functional, design, price point, and quality expectations are met. Develop strong working relationships with sourcing, sales, and marketing partners.
- - Responsible for the cohesiveness of assigned product categories and ensure the product is consistent with market trends and business strategy.
- - Design a given number of products per season as well as managing carry- overs for assigned collections.
- - Attend trade shows, research global markets, and review industry publications to stay current with market trends and new construction techniques.
- - Administers a pro-active role through the entire design/development process: research, design concept presentation, ideation, fabric/trim/print direction, tech pack generation, and sample review.
- - Maintain an in depth understanding of customer.
- - Gather customer insight on existing products and future designs and concepts.
- - Meet all timelines.
- - Keen ability to follow a product brief and design to a specific target FOB. Mentor team to accomplish the same task.
- - Capacity to imagine, capture and express a brand’s essence through unique product concepts, design and styling.
- - Collaborates with sourcing, factories, suppliers and other team members to achieve 'state of the art' opportunities for product innovation.
- - Assist in setting and follows creative standards established by Management.
- - Supply complete Tech Packs to the Product Development on schedule that are 100% accurate. Maintain tech packs throughout the development process.
- - Work with the product development team to review samples, strike offs and counter samples and make recommendations for corrections.
- - Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- - Travel as necessary to facilitate the development and sampling process.
- - Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Education and Experience
- - 3-5 years of professional experience designing hard parts and/or accessories.
- - Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design.
- - Possess the ability of communicating a concept thru free hand sketching as well as on the computer.
- - Proficiency in Solidworks (3D CAD).
- - Hand sculpting is a plus.
- - Highly developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills.
- - Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- - High level knowledge of competitive product, retail environments and market influences.
- - Self-motivated and flexible.
- - Eager to learn.
- - Ability to work independently toward project goals and timelines with little direction.
- - Ability to identify unseen problems and come up with appropriate solutions.
- - Ability to work with multiple personalities in a diverse, fast paced environment to create a team atmosphere.
- - Must have exceptional ability to manage time professionally and execute ideas from initial concept to completion.
- - Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- - Exceptional knowledge of the action sports.
Be an inspirational Designer, who is responsible for creating industry leading design solutions in cooperation with our Internal Product Line Managers.
- - Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category
- - Maintain design consistency throughout the product line
- - Help to create the overall category design direction
- - Work closely with PLM's to understand opportunities in the market and the category's strategic 3 year business plan
- - Work closely with Production, Technical Designer and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization
- - Work with factories and suppliers
- - Research functional criteria for product and outline area of innovation
- - Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to full computerized tech pack
- - Maintain communication with superiors, and ensure the message is understood within the team
- - Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- - Keep abreast of luggage/bag trends happening in the market.
- - Conceive and sketch concepts according to design calendar.
- - Sketch technical drawings for presentations and also for factory use
- - Collect inspirational materials (photographs, fabrics, etc.) for presentations to sales and merchandising.
- - Ability to travel overseas if necessary to make corrections on prototypes
- - Keep aware of the direction competitors are taking for their product.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of functional luggage/Bag products.
- Ability to design for new initiatives and create products with a fresh, innovative perspective.
- Mac skills using Illustrator, Adobe Professional and Photo Shop applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners.
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to drive concepts.
- Knowledge of design and material trends, specifically luggage trends.
- Ability to create designs that meet luggage/bag category needs.
- Ability to effectively present design ideas and concepts
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design and four years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in design
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of luggage/bag styles and different parts of luggage/Bags
- Knowledge of different materials used in luggage production
- Good sketching ability
- Ability to see how a 2-D sketch could translate into a 3-D form
- Ability to mix materials and colors for an attractive product
- Understand color pallets and theories
Directly responsible for handling requests and in warranty related issues for both retail and dealer customers. Maintain Klim quality and an acceptable level of productivity per department guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- - Strong decision making ability and attention to detail a must.
- - Knowledge of Sewing and hardware in products preferred
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- - Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The Technical Designer will be responsible for directly managing all aspects of the development of multiple products across multiple categories, from design hand-off to final pre-production prototype. This position requires driving and developing products to achieve COE quality standards.
Responsibilities also include, product labeling and organization for all Milestone meetings, collaboration with both PLM, design and development staff to accomplish line plan target revenue and margin goals. Monitor Timelines on all projects from design hand-off to production approval, and coordinate all tasks with the category team.
- - Work with Sr. Technical Designer to initiate product testing with the PLM Team.
- - Manage style pre-costing and analyze all subsequent prototype costing to ensure yield, material costs, and FOB’s are accurate and meet margin objectives from conceptual design to Pre-Production Samples.
- - Collaborate with Sr. Technical Designer and Design team in the following:
- - Contribute ideas for construction, materials and components to enhance functionality, aesthetics, fit and margin
- - Adhere to product/seasonal timeline by scheduling Fit and Construction meetings on a regular basis.
- - Oversee the creating, manipulating and modification of technical drawings of owned category products, using Adobe Illustrator and PLM system, based on the Product Brief driven by Product Line Managers (PLM)
- - Using input from PLM and Design, accounting requirements, and company knowledge, will oversee the creation of technical packages, containing accurate technical drawings, bills of material, construction, implement packaging requirements from marketing and other technical information to be used by factories in calculating costs and producing products.
- - Together with the Design and PLM groups, the Technical Designer will review prototypes and pre-production samples against technical packages and oversee the formulation, feedback and corrections needed from the factory for future prototypes.
- - Collaborate with others in the department to manage workloads to meet deadlines while achieving the highest level of quality and accuracy
- - Support & assist Design in establishing all product specifications required in the Tech Pack;
- - Able to use Patternmaking, fabric, cut and sew knowledge to improve quality, fit and function.
- - Serves as a proactive conduit between the designer and sourcing throughout the development of product.
- - Accountable for staying on calendar, adhering to process, prototype evaluations, accuracy of the Technical Data Package and follow through on accuracy of sales sample and production data packages
- - Oversees the creation of documented evaluations of each prototype against its agreed product specification, tracking all comments, changes and specifications during the stages of evaluation.
- - Delivers all category products to a specific target FOB
- - Proactively communicates with internal team, contractors, Manufacturing Facilities, Sourcing team, and material management staff during the entire development process;
- - Oversee the documentation of consumption into Bill of Materials
- - Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested and within timeline constraints
Bachelors’ Degree in Technical/Fashion Design or equivalent expertise in related area with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Fashion and patternmaking/CAD experience needed. Strong computer skills. Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Photoshop are required. Strong ability to adhere to deadlines is a must. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full. Advanced knowledge of apparel fit/construction and costing. Excellent written and oral communication. Advanced apparel/product knowledge and ability to research and know global markets and competition is preferred. Must be able to present products professionally in front of large groups of people.
- - Inspect arrivals against packing lists for quantity verification.
- - Monitor and inspect inventory levels for accuracy.
- - Alert appropriate departments of all arrivals and initiate proper placement of shipment.
- - Manage bin locations.
- - Fill orders by using a digital scanner and hand pick method.
- - Work with shipping program to ship appropriate orders to customers.
- - Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- - Work with internal customers to complete special projects assigned.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
The Junior Product Line Manager is responsible for supporting an assigned category's planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. They're charged with ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross functional leadership. The Junior Product Line Manager owns relevant information on consumer and competitors, identifying trends, business strategy plans and analysis for all supporting categories.
Duties & Responsibilities
- - Responsible for assisting overall strategic direction of the line; which businesses to grow, decline and maintain in accordance with business priorities of each operating channel
- - Assist the execution of business plans and calendar and budget adherence
- - Support PR presentations internally and externally; support product marketing campaigns
- - In collaboration with Design & Development, work to develop and execute profitable product offerings while taking into consideration current trends.
- - Research relevant competitors for division; maintain awareness of trends and competition and apply to KLIM
- - Support the Product Line Managers in the creation of short and long-term strategies, tactical product executions and innovations. Help develop seasonal business and line plans that contribute to the overall business plan. Establish product wholesale and global retail pricing structure that meets revenue and profitability targets.
- - Ensure that key milestones are achieved and products meet the needs of customer base worldwide from strategy to launch. Ensure seamless interaction to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals, and calendar timelines.
- - Support in creation of product briefs that inspire design and development in the product process. Incorporate marketplace influences and consumer insights. Provide briefs that give clear product direction and information to the development and design partners.
- - Partner with Design, Development and Sourcing to ensure deadlines are met and that product's hit all key metrics (initial gross margin, retail pricing, minimums, and turns). Develop a collaborative working environment among product creation teams. Resolve process issues and recommend ways to continually improve the interaction of team members as well as process efficiencies.
- - Analyze product sell through, turns and margin to maximize sales and margins. Analyze and report style/category/channel business performance on a regular basis.
- - Collaborate with marketing teams to ensure all product launch goals are defined and met.
- - Maintain and provided necessary data for line plans in business systems across the organization
- - Stay current on competitive research for both Off Road and Action Sports Clothing brands.
- - Understanding key retail sales metrics and key merchandising requirements
- - Effectively present information both internally and externally in a professional and brand appropriate manner
- - Skilled at Word, Excel and a strong knowledge of spreadsheet functions
- - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- - Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written and/or oral
- - Ability to lead a diverse group of individuals
- - 4 year degree in Business related field.
Execute and deliver to market product line plans that hit financial targets
Maintain margin & revenue goals at category levels as defined
Drive and lead all key milestone for the product lifecycle