- - Responsible for designing a given number of products per season as well as managing carry- overs for assigned collections.
- - Attend trade shows, research global markets review industry publications to stay current with market trends and identify new fabrics and techniques.
- - Work with Design Director to develop seasonal color stories and inspiration boards.
- - Research and understand the consumer of assigned collections.
- - Administers a pro-active role through entire product design process: research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and fabric/trim/print direction, development of specification pack, critique of sales samples.
- - Follow and design to the product brief. Work with the Tech Team to insure designs will hit the specific target FOB.
- - Creates on-strategy designs within set timelines for multiple seasons.
- - Capacity to imagine, capture and express a brand’s ethos through unique product concepts, design and styling.
- - Create tech packs with detailed specifications for production.
- - Ensures that the product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- - Assists with fit sessions in office and in factory and work with Tech Designer to deliver the garment fit as briefed by the Product Line Manager.
- - Drive value-engineering through design process: consolidation of fabrics, zippers, trims, etc.
- - Works closely with Materials Manager to select innovative and commercial fabrications to achieve desired functional results.
- - Collaborates with Design Director and other team members to achieve 'state of the art' opportunities for product innovation.
- - Supply accurate/complete Design Packs to the Technical Design team on schedule.
- - Partners with the Technical Design team to ensure tech packs are kept up to date, accurate and complete.
- - Work with the Technical Design team to review strike offs and samples and make recommendations for corrections.
- - Travel as necessary to facilitate the development and sampling process.
- - Successfully performs these and other duties as assigned.
- - Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- - BA in Apparel Design or related field of study preferred.
- - 2-3 years of professional experience in technical apparel.
- - Understanding of the history and direction of market trends.
- - Understanding of fit and patterning.
- - Understanding of technical fabrics.
- - Strong eye for color.
- - Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- - Strong illustration skills- possess the ability of communicating a concept thru sketching free hand as well as on the computer.
- - A knowledge of printing techniques and understanding of how graphics will translate onto a printable garment is a plus.
- - Ability to work with multiple personalities in a diverse, fast paced environment to create a team atmosphere.
- - Must have exceptional ability to manage time professionally and execute ideas from initial concept to completion.
- - Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- - Exceptional knowledge of the actions sports and athletic apparel industry.
- - Strong Verbal and written communication skills
The Apparel Designer will design products such as lifestyle, base layers, mid layers, and technical outerwear. You will work closely with the Design Director to determine style, material, and color stories based on input from the customer, merchandising, sales, and marketing. Keeps abreast of fashion trends and consumer needs, and supports the integrity of the lines/brands and the goals of the company. Produces design sketches and tech packs. Reviews all styles for construction, silhouette, fit and trim details
Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- - Inspect arrivals against packing lists for quantity verification.
- - Monitor and inspect inventory levels for accuracy.
- - Alert appropriate departments of all arrivals and initiate proper placement of shipment.
- - Manage bin locations.
- - Fill orders by using a digital scanner and hand pick method.
- - Work with shipping program to ship appropriate orders to customers.
- - Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- - Work with internal customers to complete special projects assigned.
This position is a temporary position through January. We are willing to work with College Schedules and tracks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Work location is in a Warehouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A physically demanding job, employee is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- - Maintain timeline adherence for fabric deliverables.
- - Continually striving to create and implement appropriate fabric and test methods that can be verifiable and reliable at the factory.
- - Build on fabric supplier resources to control cost and make sure we are at the front of their list when new products are available.
- - Work with Design and Purchasing to develop processes for tracking and reporting on time production, quality, vendor compliance and costing.
- - Research fabrics that are located at one factory and can be used at another factory.
- - Initiate and cultivate domestic and global raw material vendor relationships to improve turnaround, quality and cost.
- - Establish and maintain Work in Process (WIP) tracking report for fabrics.
- - Ensure orders for fabrics are processed correctly and timely.
- - Coordinate with Logistics regarding transit costs of raw materials.
- - Constantly looking for ways to make the product better by the quality inputs and also finding suitable cost advantage alternatives to help combat the increasing costs without sacrificing quality.
- - Establish relationships that keep Teton Outfitters on the leading edge of materials innovation by identifying future technologies and trends and driving their implementation.
- - Systematically organize and maintain the material library for future development and current production.
- - Maintains and updates the material library page in Centric to accurately reflect the available fabrics.
- - Assist the sourcing department with greige forecast each season.
- - Assist development with prints.
- - Assist with trim development. Advise good trim partners new to Klim and follow up on development when needed.
- - Interacts advantageously with key fabric, material, and trims suppliers.
- - Ability to anticipate problems, offer solutions, and address issues with fabrics, materials, and trims to meet the Design team’s aesthetic goals and financial targets based on timeline adherence.
- - Communicates on an ongoing basis with internal team, contractors, sourcing team, and material suppliers during the entire fabric and material development process through bulk production.
- - Creates the appropriate lab test procedures and processes.
- - Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
The Materials Manager will be responsible for finding fabrics and materials requested by the Design and Development teams that will allow Teton Outfitters to continue to exceed customers’ expectations while keeping price in line. Will work hand in hand with the Raw Materials Vendor Manager in filtering the information given by Design and Development to create a detailed fabric or material Brief. After the brief is clearly defined, this position will execute the Brief by searching, evaluating, and testing multiple fabric or material options that meet the criteria listed in the Brief. Will need to develop deep relationships with our current fabric and material vendors which will allow us to stay on the leading edge of new developments. Will need to communicate and continue training and knowledge sharing with the Design and Development team. Will help with the strategic direction of long term fabric development planning and implementation. Will be responsible for maintaining an organized material library.
The Materials Manager will be involved with the planning, coordination, evaluation, and control of the manufacturing processes regarding fabric and materials. Will ensures that fabrics and materials are produced at the correct time, cost, and quality. Will be responsible for all lab dip color and print approval on all fabric created for bulk production and all bulk production print and color cuttings. Will aid the Design and Development team with sourcing trim suppliers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field. Strong computer skills with Excel, Word and PLM software. Strong ability to adhere to deadlines. Delivers accurate quality data on-time and complete. Advanced knowledge of fabric and trims requested. Excellent written and oral communication. Advanced product knowledge and knowledge of global markets and competitors.
- - Manage and maintain complex calendar daily to ensure accurate scheduling and organization. Evening and weekend calendar adjustments and changes are common.
- - Make decisions on behalf of the director to ensure meeting requests meet with time management priorities and performance objectives. Act as a gatekeeper when needed, a host as needed and an ambassador of goodwill and diplomacy frequently.
- - Coordinate domestic and international travel, including on-the-ground logistics
- - Manage expenses in a compliant and timely manner.
- - Coordinate communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients, and vendors
- - Prepare internal and external corporate documents for VP of Product
- - Support VP of Product in preparation for teleconferences and presentations
- - Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
- - Arrange events to take place outside of the work place, such as staff appreciation events, and vendor events
- - Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- - Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- - Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- - Prepare presentations for staff meetings, business calls and visits.
- - Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly reports for analyzing
- - 5 years technical administrative and project management experience supporting a senior executive; including scheduling experience managing high level executive calendars as well as high volume clientele.
- - Proactive in anticipating executive’s needs and able to make administrative decisions and requests for information on behalf of the executive.
- - Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communication skills.
- - Solid project-management and problem-solving skills.
- - Must be assertive and have a high level of integrity and consistently demonstrate a positive can-do attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of overly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
- - Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
- - Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate it and knowledge of departmental business practices and tools is preferred.
- - Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote; knowledge of internal Microsoft tools
- - High School graduate or equivalent required.
- - Post high school secretarial/administrative assistant training, including word processing and preferred knowledge of database functions required.
- - Must have the ability to type 70-90 words per minute and take minutes at meetings using a laptop computer.
This role requires strong collaboration skills, judgment, organizational skills, great attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities. Respect, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with people inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of humor and perspective. Your ability to complete work quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without always having the total picture will be needed. A calm and reassuring manner, bringing confidence and focus to tense situations will be highly valued.
Duties & Responsibilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Must be detailed oriented, strong communication and people skills, and have the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- - Work with Sr. Technical Designer to initiate product testing with the PLM Team.
- - Manage style pre-costing and analyze all subsequent prototype costing to ensure yield, material costs, and FOB’s are accurate and meet margin objectives from conceptual design to Pre-Production Samples.
- - Collaborate with Sr. Technical Designer and Design team in the following:
- - Contribute ideas for construction, materials and components to enhance functionality, aesthetics, fit and margin
- - Adhere to product/seasonal timeline by scheduling Fit and Construction meetings on a regular basis.
- - Oversee the creating, manipulating and modification of technical drawings of owned category products, using Adobe Illustrator and PLM system, based on the Product Brief driven by Product Line Managers (PLM)
- - Using input from PLM and Design, accounting requirements, and company knowledge, will oversee the creation of technical packages, containing accurate technical drawings, bills of material, construction, implement packaging requirements from marketing and other technical information to be used by factories in calculating costs and producing products.
- - Together with the Design and PLM groups, the Technical Designer will review prototypes and pre-production samples against technical packages and oversee the formulation, feedback and corrections needed from the factory for future prototypes.
- - Collaborate with others in the department to manage workloads to meet deadlines while achieving the highest level of quality and accuracy
- - Support & assist Design in establishing all product specifications required in the Tech Pack;
- - Able to use Patternmaking, fabric, cut and sew knowledge to improve quality, fit and function.
- - Serves as a proactive conduit between the designer and sourcing throughout the development of product.
- - Accountable for staying on calendar, adhering to process, prototype evaluations, accuracy of the Technical Data Package and follow through on accuracy of sales sample and production data packages
- - oversees the creation of documented evaluations of each prototype against its agreed product specification, tracking all comments, changes and specifications during the stages of evaluation.
- - Delivers all category products to a specific target FOB
- - Proactively communicates with internal team, contractors, Manufacturing Facilities, Sourcing team, and material management staff during the entire development process;
- - Oversee the documentation of consumption into Bill of Materials
- - Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested and within timeline constraints
The Technical Designer will be responsible for directly managing all aspects of the development of multiple products across multiple categories, from design hand-off to final pre-production prototype. This position requires driving and developing products to achieve COE quality standards.
Responsibilities also include, product labeling and organization for all Milestone meetings, collaboration with both PLM, design and development staff to accomplish line plan target revenue and margin goals. Monitor Timelines on all projects from design hand-off to production approval, and coordinate all tasks with the category team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology, products and concepts.
- - Provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues regarding product development.
- - Resolve obstacles within established processes and timeline.
- - Provide technical product guidance.
- - Ability to communicate with all departments, vendors and factories.
- - Ability to multi-task.
- - Must present self in a professional manner and show consistent Executive Acumen.
- - Must adhere to professional email etiquette standards.
- - Must be open to receive and discuss feedback from peers and upper management.
- - Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- - Ability to work well in a team environment.
- - Ability to achieve results under pressure.
Bachelors’ Degree in Technical/Fashion Design or equivalent expertise in related area with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Fashion and patternmaking/CAD experience needed. Strong computer skills. Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Photoshop are required. Strong ability to adhere to deadlines is a must. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full. Advanced knowledge of apparel fit/construction and costing. Excellent written and oral communication. Advanced apparel/product knowledge and ability to research and know global markets and competition is preferred. Must be able to present products professionally in front of large groups of people.
- - Consistently schedules and assists with Fit Session and Construction Meetings and proper note taking of comments and decisions.
- - Maintains R&D and SMS “Build-view” on PLM Software.
- - Works effectively toward mentoring the completion of part-time educational Intern goals.
- - Documents and creates as necessary new process’ for Klim/Polaris/Branding which will be assigned by Sr Technical Designer.
- - Execution and adherence to Timelines
- - Consistent PLM Software maintenance
- - Adheres to Fit & Size Standards
- - Adheres to Key Responsibilities throughout the Development Timeline.
- - Successfully leads Fit & Construction Meetings.
- - Successfully organizes products for all line reviews and sales meetings.