- - Assist in style pre-costing and analyze all subsequent prototype costing to ensure yield, material costs, and FOB’s are accurate and meet margin objectives from conceptual design to Pre-Production Samples.
- - Collaborate with Technical Design Team in the following:
- - Product Evaluations
- - Attending Fit and Construction meetings on a regular basis
- - Manipulate, and modify technical drawings of products using Adobe Illustrator and PLM system.
- - Modify technical drawings, bills of material size charts.
- - Assist in the review of prototypes against technical packages and assist in formulating feedback and corrections necessary.
- - Support & assist Technical Design in establishing all product specifications required in the Tech Pack.
- - Use Patternmaking, fabric, cut and sew knowledge to improve quality, fit and function.
- - Creates documented evaluations of each prototype against its agreed product specification
- - Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested and within timeline constraints
- - Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology, products and concepts.
- - Resolve problems within established processes and timeline.
- - Must present self in a professional manner.
- - Must be open to feedback from mentors or trainers.
- - Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- - Ability to work well in a team environment
- - Learns and assists with Fit Session and Construction Meetings.
- - Learns proper note taking of comments and decisions.
- - Learns and helps maintain PLM Software.
- - Works effectively toward completion of educational intern goals.
- - Documents and creates a project for Klim/Polaris/Branding which will be assigned by mentor.
The Technical Design Intern will be responsible for supporting the Technical Design Team in product evaluation, PLM data entry and Technical Data Package maintenance.
In addition, the Technical Design Intern is responsible for assisting the Technical Design Team with organizing and presenting the product line to both the Domestic Sales teams and International partners.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Experience in Technical Design or equivalent experience or education in related area. Fashion and patternmaking/CAD experience is helpful. Computer skills: Basic Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Word and Photoshop is required. Strong ability to adhere to timelines. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full. Knowledge of apparel fit/construction. Solid written and oral communication.
- - Inspect arrivals against packing lists for quantity verification.
- - Monitor and inspect inventory levels for accuracy.
- - Clean and maintain warehouse for tours and inspections
- - Alert appropriate departments of all arrivals and initiate proper placement of shipment.
- - Manage bin locations.
- - Fill orders by using a digital scanner and hand pick method.
- - Work with shipping program to ship appropriate orders to customers.
- - Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- - Work with internal customers to complete special projects assigned
- - Any other task assigned
Duration is July 8 - September 20 or July 8 - January 20
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- - Manage one or more product categories from design concept to production garment
- - Build technical packages including Bill of Materials, specs, pattern blocks, construction, etc.
- - Responsible for training and monitoring performance of direct reports
- - Responsible for establishing category standards for fit, construction and quality
- - Directly responsible for running fit sessions on live models then making fit changes via pattern corrections
- - Responsible for establishing pattern blocks for the category and maintaining a pattern library
- - Responsible for daily communication with vendors
- - Accountable for meeting development calendar dates and start of production timelines
- - Ability to work effectively cross-functionally; Must be able to effectively problem solve design, costing, quality and delivery issues
- - Domestic and overseas travel as necessary
- - Give product presentations related to fit and construction
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- - Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- - Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- - Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops - alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- - Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- - Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- - Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- - Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- - Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- - Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- - Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- - Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- - BA/BS Degree from a 4 Fashion Design or Fashion Merchandising program
- - Minimum 5 years relative industry experience with Outerwear Product
- - Experience working with Seam Sealed Garments, Gore is a plus
- - Experience working with Insulated garments including Down
- - Advanced patternmaking skills (must have on the job experience, not classes/theory only)
- - Experience fitting on live models, including size sets; Ability to recommend changes in grading
- - Advanced knowledge of garment construction
- - Expertise building Development & Production Tech Packs
- - Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- - Proficient in a PDM/PLM system , Centric is a plus
- - Factory travel is a plus
- - Gerber Accumark/PDS experience is a plus
- - Must have leadership experience including direct reports, is a plus
- - Must have superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to lead product presentations in a clear, concise, engaging manner.